Birthdads are often an overlooked member of the adoption triad. In some cases this could be because they were not involved in the pregnancy and decision making process or were not supportive of the pregnancy and subsequent choices. But there are some birthdads out there that were involved in the making of their child’s adoption plan, were supportive of the process and, in cases of open adoptions, are still involved in their child’s life. Birthdads do grieve and miss their child as well as the loss of parenting that child just as birthmoms do, but sadly there are very few resources for birthdads out there. Below is a short list of the resources we have found thus far exclusively for birthdads.
- Birthfathers Recognized http://www.birthfathersrecognized.org/index.html
- Various Articles and Information related to Birthfathers http://birthfamily.adoption.com/birth-parents/birthfathers.html
- Birthfather Rights http://library.adoption.com/articles/birth-father-rights.html
- For Birthfathers http://www.birthfather.com/
- Birthfather Support Forum http://forums.adoption.com/birth-fathers-support/